Water can be one of the worst problems to hit a home.
If your home has been flooded with water, you need a professional who has been trained to do more than just suck the water out. You need a team of water restoration experts who know what your home needs to keep you safe from the after-effects of wet flooring. This is not a job you can leave to “some guy with a shop-vac” – it won’t be done thoroughly, and you will regret it later!
Everyone from the receptionist on the phone, to the technicians, were so nice and courteous. My roommate and I have never dealt with a basement flood before so we were a little panicked. But everyone throughout the whole process took their time and explained the whole process and calmed our nerves. At our house, the technicians worked very effectively and efficiently, going beyond my expectations. The pricing was also very fair. Our basement looks back to normal and we would definitely use Antonius Bros. again!” – Heather McElwain, Olmsted Falls
If my home floods, what should I do?
We hate to see anyone go through the disaster of an in-home flood, but it can happen to anybody. Even if you have had professionals out to waterproof your basement, you can still have indoor issues – pipes bursting or sewer pipe back-ups – for instance. We’ve even had situations where washing machines broke down and flooded the surrounding area.
If you have this happen to you, we can help. Below is a list of “Do’s” and “Don’ts” in case this should happen to you.
- DON’T Wait to call for professional help. The longer you wait, the more damage will occur.
- DON’T Use your household vacuum to remove the excess water!!!
- DON’T Use electrical appliances while standing on wet flooring or carpets.
- DON’T Go into any room with standing water if the electricity is on.
- DON’T Lift tacked down carpet without professional help as this could cause damage and shrinkage.
- DON’T Go into any room where the ceiling is sagging.
- DON’T Store damp items in plastic bags where mold can grow.
Okay – now you know what NOT to do – but what CAN you do?
- DO Shut off the water as soon as possible and attend to obvious safety hazards, like electrical shock and personal injury from slips and falls. Call your plumber, if necessary. The leak or source of water must be stopped before professional cleaners arrive. Your plumber can advise you how to turn your main water valve off.
- DO Move furnishings out of wet areas or protect furniture legs from absorption and damage with triple-folded aluminum foil. Pin up upholstery skirts.
- DO Increase airflow with open windows, fans and heating and air conditioning systems. Open doors, drawers, cupboards and closets to maintain optimal air circulation and promote drying.
- DO Turn on air conditioner if damage occurs in summer or the heater in winter.
DO Call a PROFESSIONAL as soon as possible! Call us at 440-845-7474 and we will be there to help you!
Let Antonius Bros., Inc. be the rainbow after your flood!
Contact Us Today To Book Your Appointment
Antonius Bros., Inc.